Terms and Conditions
In these conditions of sale:
- ‘The company’ means Tolleshunt Turf Farms Registered Offices: Green Farm, Salcott, Maldon, Essex, CM9 8HL.
- ‘The customer’ means any person contracting with the company for the supply of products or services.
- ‘Product’ refers to all the products sold by Tolleshunt Turf Farms including turf, top soil, and bark.
- ‘Delivery’ means delivery by the company or any subcontractor employed by the company directly or indirectly.
- A list of the company Partners is available in the office
Submission of a purchase order will be taken as agreement to these conditions of sale.
Supply of Products
- The customer must be fully aware that turf is a living and highly perishable product that must be laid within 24 hours of collection or delivery. Tolleshunt Turf will not accept any responsibility for deterioration. It is the customers responsibility to ensure you are able to lay the turf before agreeing the delivery date.
- Turf should be inspected whilst being laid and any turf found to be unsatisfactory rejected before laying takes place. If the customer is dissatisfied in any way with the product, then a complaint must be made via email within 48 hours of collection or delivery. If a refund is requested the product must be returned to the company within 5 working days of the complaint being logged.
- The product becomes the responsibility of the customer upon collection or delivery. Turf is a living and perishable product and it is the customers responsibility to maintain the ongoing health and quality of the turf from the time the turf is delivered. After such time the company shall be under no liability for loss or damage or deterioration of the product.
- The company are not responsible for faults arising with the turf due to your failure to care for the turf or external factors.
- The customer must be aware that pesticides previously used to treat leather jackets are no longer available. At certain points in the year, leatherjackets can be found in turf. The company cannot be held responsible for leatherjackets found in the turf. Leatherjackets in turf are not valid grounds for a refund or product replacement.
- All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT and delivery unless stated.
- There will be a delivery charge which will be calculated depending on your postcode.
- The company will make every effort to deliver the product on the agreed date, but if for any reason the company is unable to deliver then the company will not accept any responsibility for the delay or damages relating to the delay.
- Deliveries will be made by the company using large lorries and it is the customer’s responsibility to inform the company at the point of order if there may be a problem with delivery.
- The customer must ensure that the property has sufficient access for the delivery lorry, free from encumbrances such as (but not limited to) yellow lines, overhead wires and low-hanging trees.
- The customer must ensure there is a safe area for unloading, allowing sufficient room for the company’s offloading system to safely operate.
- Delivery is to kerbside only. It is the customer’s responsibility to move the product from the kerbside.
- The company will not accept any liability for any loss or damage caused during or after delivery.
- The customer will be liable for delivery costs and any associated costs incurred resulting from an unsuccessful delivery.
- The customer or a representative of the customer must be present to receive the delivery. The customer must check the quantity of the product delivered and must report any discrepancy in product quantity immediately to the driver. Once the delivery has been completed, the company has no liability to correct any discrepancies in product quantity.
- The customer must be fully aware that the company’s premises is a busy working farm, with associated vehicles and machines, and the company cannot accept any liability for any damage or loss caused either whilst loading or while the customer is on the premises of the company.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to report any shortage of product before leaving the company’s premises. After such time the company will not accept any liability to correct any discrepancy in product quantity.
- The product is to be paid for in full by debit or credit card or cash before being loaded into the customer’s vehicle.
- The customer will be liable for any damage caused whilst on the premises of the company.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring that their vehicle is not over-loaded.
- The customer has the right to cancel any order. Any cancellation must be made within 3 days from the date of the order being placed.
- Cancellations are not accepted by telephone and must be by electronic mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any order amendments must be made before goods are dispatched. We are unable to amend orders after dispatch.
This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
If you have any questions about our terms please email email@example.com.
Customer data protection
At Tolleshunt turf we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. We will not share any of your personal information for marketing purposes outside of our business.